Unsurprisingly, the iPhone SE’s A15 Bionic demolished this with 4,482, but as for this gaming phone’s real competition, the RedMagic 6R hit a multi-core score of 3,652 and matched the average FPS. The Black Shark 4 Pro features last year’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
- The Black Shark 4 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 Octa-core processor and 8GB/12GB of RAM delivers outstanding overall performance for opening and running applications, flipping through menus, running home screens, and more.
- I don’t have any measurement tools to see this precisely, but the tones seemed a bit too cool with the Vivid mode enabled by default.
- As of 28 April, the regular model is available to pre-order from the
- Xiaomi tried to sweeten the pot by throwing in the fancy-schmancy 120W stock ROM (firmware) HyperCharge support.
The smartphone display matrix is based on Super AMOLED technology and has a screen diagonal of 6.7 inches. We have a 4500 mAh battery that can be fully charged in 15 minutes, making it a dream battery for any user and not just for gamers although the device will definitely heat up when using this super charger. For this reason, the phone comes with a smart charging feature, which can slow down the charging speed to significantly reduce the temperature of the phone when it is hot.
- Gaming phones still feel very much like an enigma, but we’ve seen more and more options hit the market in recent years.
- For a laugh, I also compared this with the OnePlus 10 Pro’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (3,682 multi-core) and at the moment, the 4 Pro is beating this.
- However, the Black Shark Joy Buds were the stand-out accessory among the bunch.
- A gaming phone it most definitely is though, complete with RGB lighting on the rear – although it is a bit lacklustre compared to most gaming peripherals that come packed with bright lights.
Both the Black Shark 4 and 4 Pro have 8Mp wide-angle and 5Mp macro cameras on the back, but that’s about where the similarities end. The regular phone has a 48Mp main sensor, while the Pro model bumps this up to 64Mp. Read more about the Black Shark 4 and 4 Pro in our separate news story. It’s also worth checking out our best gaming phones roundup to see what the new phones will be up against. The Black Shark 4 has triple rear AI cameras, a 48MP f/1.8 primary camera paired with a 120-degree ultra-wide-angle shooter of 8MP, and a dedicated 5MP depth of field sensor.
Gaming phones still feel very much like an enigma, but we’ve seen more and more options hit the market in recent years. The latest duo to join the growing list comes in the form of the Xiaomi Black Shark 4 and Black Shark 4 Pro. Your number one source for all technology and smartphone news. Dedicated to giving you the very best gadget news focus on smartphone, gadgets and technology. If you want a new smartphone and want a near-flagship experience without paying flagship pricing, then the Black Shark 4 won’t disappoint. It is an open standard that is maintained by a nonprofit organization.
I didn’t notice any inconsistency in rendering in ultra wide-angle compared to wide-angle, which is good. On the other hand, the distortion along the edges of the image is quite present. Portrait mode photos are quite flat since the smartphone lacks depth sensors, but the crop remains quite clean.